Today, Thursday, October 3 is the Prescott, Arizona, Industry/Career Expo! All students and alumni are invited to attend.
OctoberWest 2013 is also this weekend, October 3-5. Enjoy the many activities like the Women in Aviation Conference, athletic events and more.
In addition, join alumni at the ERAU Wings Out West Air Show at the Prescott Campus in Arizona on Oct. 5. It’s complimentary and open to ALL alumni and their family/friends. The Alumni Weekend/homecoming action starts Oct. 3 and culminates with the air show on Oct.5! And remember, it’s open to ALL ERAU alumni, regardless of which campus you attended. Check out the schedule on the alumni website and RSVP: http://www.eraualumni.org/octoberwest2013.
Air show performers include Embry-Riddle’s sponsored pilot Matt Chapman, in addition to Melissa Pemberton and Julie Clark.
Posted by eraucso on October 3, 2013
Students and alumni of Embry-Riddle, you can get your resume to employers recruiting at the Industry/Career Expos, even if you can’t attend!
Through the EagleHire Network, resume books are available allowing you to submit your resume to companies attending both Industry/Career Expos.
To publish your resume to any of the resume books in the system, log into your EagleHire Network account and mouse over “Documents” in the upper navigation bar, then select “Publish a Resume.” You will then select from career focus-specific resume books in the system.
We are encouraging Expo exhibitors at both the Daytona Beach and Prescott campuses to log in and access the resume books in the system.
Note that if you haven’t already uploaded a resume into the system, it will first need to be approved before you can publish your resume to the resume books in EagleHire.
Resume Book Tips:
- If you already have one or more resumes published in EagleHire, double-check to make sure your documents are up to date with your current contact information and most recent experience.
- Only submit your resume to those resume books that apply to your level of experience and areas of expertise/career focus. Submitting your resume to every resume book, including those with no relevancy to your background, will not increase your chance of getting a phone call…if anything, it may decrease your chances.
- Be proactive – research the companies attending the Industry/Career Expos at the Daytona Beach and Prescott campuses and apply online to any opportunities of interest.
- Submit your resume to resume books even if you plan on attending the events. There are many linked employers in EagleHire who have access to log in to the system and search for resumes at any time throughout the year.
Posted by eraucso on September 19, 2013
The 2013 Daytona Beach Industry/Career Expo will be Wednesday, October 9, and Career Services wants to give you a reminder about the professional dress code for the event.
Professional attire should include the following:
- Both men and women should wear suits (skirt or pant suits for the ladies) that fit properly; navy, gray, soft black and other dark colors are most appropriate
- The length of a skirt should reach below or to the knee
- Gentlemen should wear button down shirts and ties
- Traditional ties should complement the suit and shirt color and should be in a conservative pattern and color
- Ladies should wear conservative or appropriate blouses
- Colors for shirts should be muted; white, off-white or light blue are the most recommended colors
- Shoes should be polished and professional
- Ladies should wear closed-toe shoes; pantyhose are good for the ladies wearing skirt suits
- Socks, for both men and women, should match the shoe or pant color
The minimum professional dress allowed is business casual, but you must dress according to the industry standard for the job you are seeking at the Expo. Business casual entails khaki pants and a collared (polo) shirt for the gentlemen and slacks/skirt and a blouse/sweater for the ladies. Alternate suggestions for the gentlemen can include a navy blazer, slacks or button down shirt without a tie. Ladies can also wear professional dresses, khaki pants and collared (polo) shirts.
Flight and ROTC uniforms are appropriate Expo dress. Religious and cultural attire will be accepted.
You will be turned away from the event if you wear any of the following clothing types:
- Ripped or torn jeans
- Athletic or workout clothing
- Baseball caps or other hats
- T-shirts with inappropriate or crude images or wording
- Overly revealing clothing of any kind
- Shoes inappropriate for a conservative office environment
- Mid-thigh length or above skirts
Professional attire is expected if you want to enter the ICI Center floor for the October 9th event. If you do not meet the minimum standards, you will be asked to leave and come back once dressed appropriately. Employers want to see you at your professional best, and dress is definitely part of that equation.
Please visit the Career Services Pinterest group and peruse the What to Wear – Men, What to Wear – Women and What Not to Wear – Men and Women boards for ideas on professional dress.
Posted by eraucso on September 5, 2013
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University students and alumni are invited to attend the Industry/Career Expos this fall, and employers interested in exhibiting at the Expos can find information and register for the events here.
The Prescott, Arizona, Industry/Career Expo is Thursday, October 3.
The Daytona Beach, Florida, Industry/Career Expo is Wednesday, October 9.
Students and alumni, find tips and details to review before attending the event here. Professional dress is the expected attire for the events.
Posted by eraucso on August 29, 2013
On Tuesday morning, the Daytona Beach Career Services team was at graduation collecting data for the campus-specific First Destination Survey. While the official report will not be available until later, we thought you might like to see a sampling of where Daytona Beach graduates are heading after they walked across the stage at the Ocean Center this past Tuesday.
If you recently graduated from the Daytona Beach or Prescott residential campus and still don’t have a job, please contact Career Services for guidance and resources that can help you attain employment. Click on the appropriate campus link to view a list of services offered by Career Services.
Posted by eraucso on May 10, 2013
Students and alumni of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University are invited to attend the 2013 Industry/Career Expo on the Daytona Beach campus. The event is on Wednesday, October 9 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Students and alumni, information can be found here. Employers, you can find information and registration instructions here.
Posted by eraucso on April 22, 2013
Students and alumni of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University are invited to attend the 2013 Industry/Career Expo on the Prescott, Arizona, campus. The event is on Thursday, October 3 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Students, alumni and employers, information can be found here. Employers, you can register here.
Posted by eraucso on April 15, 2013
Posted by eraucso on January 18, 2013
Welcome back to campus! For returning and new students, get ready for your job and internship search and/or preparation. Here are a few tips to help you take advantage of the resources provided throughout the spring semester.
- Check out the EagleHire Network calendar for events, including presentations and company information sessions, being hosted on the residential campuses
- Periodically check the EagleHire Network for full-time and co-op/internship opportunities, paying close attention to the closing dates of the postings; the earlier you review and apply to the positions, the better off you will be
- During the spring semester, most companies recruit their summer internship positions; ensure you are eligible to participate in the Co-op/Internship Program and search for co-op/internship opportunities via the EagleHire Network by following the instructions for your campus
- Get ready for the Virtual Hiring Event coming up Monday, February 11 through Thursday, February, 21; please read the Virtual Hiring Event FAQs
- Within the EagleHire Network, you have access to CareerShift; CareerShift allows job seekers to search for companies within their geographical preferences, identify positions of interest from various job boards and company websites, find contact information for employers and organize your job search
- The Going Places blog will continue to showcase Embry-Riddle’s wonderful students and alumni and their advice, and we will bring you even more articles to help in your career development
Posted by eraucso on January 7, 2013
On Monday morning, the Daytona Beach Career Services team was at graduation collecting data for our First Destination Survey. While the official report will not be available until summer, we thought you might like to see where Daytona Beach (and a few Worldwide) graduates are heading after they walked across the stage at the Ocean Center this past Monday.
If you recently graduated from a residential campus and still don’t have a job, please contact Career Services for guidance and resources that can help you attain employment. Click on the appropriate campus link to view a list of services offered by Career Services.
Posted by eraucso on December 19, 2012