Alumni panelists answered questions from both the audience and moderator, Lisa Kollar. After the 90-minute long panel event, students, alumni, Career Services staff, and the panelists congregated in the COB Atrium to network and talk about job and internship opportunities. Job seekers that attended had the chance to stand out and get valuable facetime with prospective employers.
- David Boulos (DB AE 1996), Chief, Flight Controls/Handling Qualities Flight Test Engineering with Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Ethan Croop (DB Aero 2006), Operations Agent with Lee County Port Authority
- Erin Gormley (PR AE 1997/WW MAS 2005) Aerospace Engineer, Vehicle Recorder Division with National Transportation Safety Board
- Thomas Hollinger (DB ABA 1996), Senior Vice President with Phoenix Aviation Managers
- Ken Petschauer (DB AS 1991/DB MAS 1993), Captain – E190 Fleet with JetBlue Airways
All five panelists did an excellent job of conveying to students and alumni the importance of completing an internship, the value of networking as part of the job search, and the fact that one’s career path may take many turns. They spoke of the Embry-Riddle community and how tight bonds are out in industry. Many said their companies regarded Embry-Riddle candidates as a preferred choice when making hiring decisions. They shared personal insights into their own experiences and offered sage advice to college students embarking on a career in the industry.
If you missed the event, we have you covered. You can view the 2011 Alumni Industry Panel discussion online now (panel discussion starts at 3:27 on the video).